Multimodal Transport Agency Registration
Transportation is an integral part of delivering goods from suppliers to customers. Every Company, Firm or Proprietary Concern, either engaged in the business of Shipping, or freight forwarding in India or abroad need to get registered under the Multimodal Transportation of Goods Act, 1993. This Act manages the transportation of the merchandise from India to outside India or inside India. Unregistered multi-modular transport administrator is completely illegal.
Registration of a Multi Modal Transport Agency in India
Depends upon case to case basis
- Registration Certificate for Multi Modal Transport Agency
- Purchase of Plan
- Expert Assigned
- Share the details as requested
- Filing of Application & getting certificate
- The Demand Draft for payment of the prescribed fees, along with a signed print out of the on line application.
- Blank / void MTD which is issued to exporters (front & back).
- List of authorized signatories for issuing MTD.
- Details of staff / facilities / experience available.
- Copy of certified balance sheet and certificate from C.A..
- Copy of agreement with two agents abroad with confirmation from them (e-mail / fax).
- An undertaking in the prescribed format to issue MTD (on applicant's letter head).
- Present insurance cover for liabilities of MTO with terms and conditions.
- Copy of the application filed with Registrar of Company for the change of certified address of the Registered Office or the name of the company.
- List of Directors and their contact details.
- Authority letter from the applicant in case the work is done through any other authorized person. It is reiterated that incomplete application in any respect will not be processed and no communication would be made to applicant on more than one occasion for fulfilling the requirement. The process of filing applications electronically is enclosed with this notice as Annexure -1.
What is Multimodal transport operator?
Multimodal transport operator means any person who engaged in the business of carriage of goods and using at least two different modes of transport under a Multimodal transport contract, from the place of acceptance of the goods in India to a place of delivery of the goods outside India or Within India; registered under the Multimodal Transportation of Goods Act, 1993
Condition for Enrolment
The criteria to be satisfied for being enrolled as a multi-modular transport administrator are as per the following: 1. The candidate ought to be a company, firm or exclusive concern. 2. Turnover of Rs.50 Lakh OR Capital Should be Rs. 50 Lakh or more 3. Two agents from two different foreign countries.