Trademark | Brand Name Renewal
Trademark acts as a distinguisher between the goods or services that are offered from other similar goods or services from a different business. A registered trademark cannot be registered if it is found offensive, lacks distinctiveness and contains government emblems.
However, it is necessary to renew trademark registration as it is has a validity of 10 years. Trademark registration renewal can be done beginning from 6 months before the date of the expiry. A notice for trademark renewal is sent before the date of expiry.
If an individual still fails to renew the trademark then the registrar may remove the trademark from the Trademarks journal. But again this happens only after 12 months after the expiry date. Between 6 and 12 months after the expiry trademark registration can be renewed on payment of a fine through a process called restoration.
File your Trademark Renewal application online through us. Get help with Trademark Renewal procedure, eligibility and documents required.
It usually takes 3 to 5 working days.
- Session with TAXAJ Expert
- Filing of Application for Renewal
- Follow up till you secure Trademark Certificate
- Any Individual or Business willing to renew their brand name.
- Purchase of Plan
- Expert Assigned
- Upload documents on vault
- Registration Form Submission on portal
- Filing of Documents with Department
A copy of the trademark registration certificate
Power of attorney to represent the applicant
Photo Id and address proof of the applicant
Copy of application form of Trademark registration
Trademark Renewal Procedure
Trademark renewal is of two types:
- There is alteration and change of sign or logo of the registered trademark
- Application is made without any change in the trademark
- The application for trademark registration renewal in the form of TM-R.
- The application can be filed by the registered owner of the trademark or an agent authorized by him.
- By filing a renewal application for trademark , will renew it for another 10 years.
- Checking the status of the application periodically is very important until it is processed by the registrar
- The trademark journal is the official gazette of the trademark registry which governs the status of accepted or rejected. If the application is accepted then it is advertised in the trademark journal. And the renewal process should begin 3 to 6 months before the expiry of the trademark.
- To file the application Form 18 with the requisite fees. The application is reviewed for the quality before it is finally approved for renewal.
Duration to Restore a Trademark
- A trademark registration can be restored after six months and within one year from the date of expiration pf the last registration of the mark.
- The following forms must be provided along with the application for the renewal of the Trademark along with the fee: