Import Export Code License
IEC (Import Export Code) is required by anyone who is looking to kick-start his/her import/export business. It is issued by the DGFT (Director General of Foreign Trade). IEC is a 10-digit code which has a lifetime validity. Predominantly importers merchant cannot import goods without the Import Export Code and similarly, the exporter merchant cannot avail benefits from DGFT for the export scheme, etc. without IEC.
Before you start import/export , obtaining an IEC (Import Export Code) is a pre-requisite. This is a unique 10-digit number that will help you in establishing your identity in front of the Authorities. An IEC is necessary for import/export of goods. It is also, required if you are providing services outside India. Team Taxaj will help you obtain your IEC without a hassle.
Planning to get global? Well get in touch with us so we can prepare you to trade internationally.
It usually takes 2 working days.
- Advisory on registration requirement
- Preparation of application form
- Obtaining Import Export Code
- Documented Follow-up
- Business hours -CA support
- Every exporter or importer of goods
- Service provider serving clients abroad. Also, applicable if you are importing a service depending upon if you are covered under reverse charge mechanism or not.
- Purchase of Plan
- Upload documents on vault
- Filing of application
- Receipt of Import Export Licence
Name, Contact Number and Email Id of Stakeholder.
Self Attested PAN, Aadhar & Passport size photo of Stakeholder.
Specimen Signatures of Stakeholder.
Latest Electricity Bill/Landline Bill of Registered Office.
PAN, TAN, COI of the Business Entity
Cancelled Cheque in business name
A. The entity for whom the application has been made have not been penalized under any of the following Acts (as amended from time to time):
iii. Foreign Trade (Development & Regulation) Act 1992, and
iv. The Foreign Exchange Management Act,1999;
v. The Conservation of Foreign Exchange, Prevention of Smuggling Activities Act, 1974
6. I hereby certify that I am authorized to verify and sign this declaration as per Paragraph 9.06 of the Foreign Trade Policy.
- What is IEC?
Import Export Code Number is unique 10 digit code number issued by Government of India. If a person is interested in making imports & exports, then it is mandatory for him to apply for Import Export Code Number (IEC).
- What is the need/use of IEC?
IEC forms the primary document for recognition by Government of India as an Exporter/Importer. On the basis of IEC, companies can obtain various benefits on their exports/imports from DGFT, Customs, Export Promotion Council etc.
- Can Export /Import be made without Importer Exporter Code ?
No. IEC forms a primary document for recognition by Govt. of India as Exporter / Importer. However, if value of goods is very low, the concerned customs officer may permit first export (only one time) by imposing penal charges.
- Do i need Digital Signature?
Digital signature is used to validate online document submission. From 1st April, 2016, it is mandatory to validate the form and other documents using a digital signature. Click here to obtain your class II digital signature with 2 years validity.
- How much time is required to take IEC ?
Normal time to register an Importer / Exporter Code in India is 10 working days time.
- Which are the specific cities where the service will be delivered?
The service is state specific in case you need a shop license and will be rendered only in specific cities being Mumbai, Gurgaon, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Jaipur, Surat, Bangalore, Chandigarh, Pune and Delhi.