Gumasta License is a mandatory registration required for doing any kind of business in the state of Maharashtra. Gumasta license is the license obtained under the Shops and Establishment Act of Maharashtra. Every person who establishes a business needs to obtain the license under the Shops and Establishment Act of that respective state.
Each state has its own Shop and Establishment Act. Thus, the shop and establishment licence varies from state to state. The general provisions of this Shop and Establishment Act across all states remains the same. However, the business owner needs to obtain the license under the Shops and Establishment Act of the state in which he carries on business.
Gumasta License is a registration required for doing any kind of business in the state of Maharashtra. It is governed by the Municipal Corporation of Mumbai under the Maharashtra Shops and Establishment Act. This is a certificate which provides you the authority to do your business at a particular place. This license is a basic requirement for any business to be recognized by Government or Bank for all business irrespective of whether it is done by a single person or big organization.
Obtaining Gumasta ensures your business can be developed without many complications and it is very important for opening a current account or obtaining any loan from the bank. Without this license in the Maharashtra State, obtaining GST registration is not possible.
Get Gumasta License with TAXAJ
It usually takes 3 to 5 working days.
- Advisory on registration requirement
- Filing of form & Issue of Registration certificate
- Documented Follow-up
- Business hours -CA support
- Individuals running a shop or having an office or place where they are carrying out business activity
- All entities having an office (and/or branch) where any commercial activity is being carried out
- Purchase of Plan
- Upload documents on vault
- Filing of application
- Receipt of Gumasta License
Name, Contact Number and Email Id of Stakeholder.
Self Attested PAN, Aadhar & Passport size photo of Stakeholder.
Specimen Signatures of Stakeholder.
Latest Electricity Bill/Landline Bill of Registered Office.
PAN, TAN, COI of the Business Entity
Cancelled Cheque in business name
All About Gumasta License
Steps to be followed for Registration under Shop and Establishment Act
- This registration form can be applied through the website – https://lms.mahaonline.gov.in/
- Create a new account under ‘Create Employer User Account’ by providing the e-mail id, password and other information.
- After the creation of the account, log in to the account on the
- Click on the ‘Shops and Establishment Registration’ tab on the left side of the page and click on ‘Registration Form A’ under it.
- Fill in the ‘Registration Form A’, upload documents, pay the fees online and submit it.
- Once the form is approved, the Registration Certificate will be sent by e-mail or it can be downloaded by logging into the website and clicking on ‘Download Registration Certificate’ on the right side of the screen.
Registration Certificate has to be submitted to the Area Inspector within 30 days of starting the business.
Documents Required to obtain a Gumasta License
Listed below are the documents required for the registration, apart from the general documents there are certain specific documents required to be submitted for Partnership and Company which are separately mentioned below:
|General/Sole Proprietorship||Partnership||Private Company|
|Aadhar card/ Pan Card/ photo||Partnership Deed||Memorandum and Article Of association|
|Address proof (like Electricity bill)||Partnership Firm’s Pan||Certificate of Incorporation|
|Application Letter in the prescribed format||Partner’s ID proof – Address and Identity||Company Director’s ID proof – Address and Identity|
|Authority letter for business||Prescribed Fees for a partnership Firm||–|
|Proof of ownership of Property||–||–|