Shifting of Registered Office Address
The registered office of a company is a place to which all official communications pertaining to a Company is sent. In addition to a registered office, a company can have a corporate office or administrative office or branch office or factory, etc., However, only the registered office of the Company needs to be registered with the Ministry of Corporate Affairs. Except these there are many types of offices like Branch office, Corporate offices, etc which don't require permission from RoC.
Any change of address of Registered Office must be notified to the Registrar of Company (ROC) within 15 days.
Our Experts will help you in the process from start to end.
It Usually takes 2 to 4 working days.
- Secretarial services relating to change in company's registered address
- Filing of Form MGT-14 and INC - 22/23
- Includes change in registered office only within the same state
- Any company who wishes to change their company's registered office address
- Companies needing end-to-end assistance in drafting board resolutions, special resolutions and finally filing prescribed forms for address change
- Purchase of Plan
- Provide new registered address and connected details
- Get secretarial assistance for address change matters and gather required documents to be given to TAXAJ
- TAXAJ files MGT-14 and INC - 22/23 on your behalf
Name, Contact Number and Email Id of Authorised Director.
Directors Identification Number, if already.
Self Attested PAN, Aadhar & Passport size photo of Authorised Director
Specimen Signatures of Authorised Director
Latest Utility/Electricity Bill of the new Address.
Rent Agreement in the name of Company, if rented or leased.
NOC from landlord in the name of Company, if owned.
What are few points to be remembered while changing the registered office of a company?
Companies shall paint or affix or print, as the case may be, along with its name, the old name or names so changed during the last two years. A notice of change of the registered office will have to be given to the Registrar within fifteen days of the change A special resolution should be passed by the company for the change in registered office.
What are the things to be taken care while arranging the documents ?
- Electricity Bill / Water Bill / Property Tax Receipt
- No-Objection Certificate (NOC) from Landlord for Registered Office
- Rental or Lease Agreement between Landlord and the Company
It is important to note that the name and address mentioned on the electricity bill / water bill / property tax receipt exactly match the NOC Certificate from Landlord and the Rental Agreement. Further, the registered office of a company cannot be a vacant land or building under construction. However, there is also no requirement for the registered office to be a commercial or industrial property.
In case the company has not decided the registered office of the Company while filing for incorporation, Companies Act, 2013 provides the option for the Company to declare a temporary address. The registered office of the Company must then be declared by filing INC 22 within 15 days of incorporation of the Company.
Is the process same for shifting of Registered Office to Another State ?
The company needs to amend the Memorandum of Association to change the registered office from one state to another. A special resolution needs to be passed by the company for alteration of the MOA. This resolution needs to be filed with the ROC in form MGT-14 within 30 days of the resolution being passed. To change the registered office from one state to another, the company needs to get the approval of the CG in form INC- 23. The documents to be attached along with the application in form 23 are mentioned below.
- A copy of the special resolution sanctioning the alteration by the members of the company.
- a copy of the memorandum and articles of association
- A copy of the notice conveying the general meeting along with relevant explanatory statement
- A copy of the minutes of the general meeting wherein the resolution authorising the alteration.
- A list of creditors and debenture holders
- A copy of board resolution or Power of Attorney
- Document relation to payment of application fee