Haryana Shop & Establishment Act
The Haryana Shops & Commercial Establishments Act, and Rules, are applicable to all the shops and commercial establishments in the areas notified by Government of Haryana.The State of Haryana is following the Punjab Shops & Commercial Establishments Act of 1958.
The Act is enacted for the purpose of protecting the rights of employees.
The Act provides regulations of the payment of wages, terms of services, work hours, rest intervals, overtime work, opening and closing hours, closed days, holidays, leaves, maternity leave and benefits, work conditions, rules for employment of children, records maintenance, etc.
The Shops and Establishments Act pan India is set up in such a way that various states can have distinct rules. A state can establish its own rules for the founding of stores, working hours, vacations, and even employee working conditions and their rights and welfare for establishments especially in the unorganised sector.
Now to your Shop & Establishment License in Haryana in less than a week.
7 to 10 working days
- Preparation & Generation of Shop & Establishment License
- Companies Registered in the State of Haryana & Punjab
- Purchase of Plan
- Expert Assigned
- Share the details as requested
- Filing of Application
- Generation of License
- PAN Card, Aadhar Card, Photo of Owner
- Photo of Shop along with the Owner
- Electricity Bill & Rent Agreement
- Company GST RC & COI (If any)
Process of Applying Haryana Shop & Establishment Regn
Within thirty days, Establishments existing in areas to which this Act applies or where this Act is extended (The date on which the Act comes into force or the date on which the Act is extended, as the case may be); and New establishments in such areas (The date on which the establishment commences its work) shall send to the prescribed authority concerned a statement in the prescribed form accompanied by such fee as may be prescribed and] containing:–
- the name of the employer and the manager, if any;
- postal address of the establishment;
- the name, if any, of the establishment ;
- number of persons employed in the establishment; and
- such other particulars as may be prescribed.
On receipt of the statement and the prescribed fee, the authority shall, on being satisfied about the correctness of the statement, register the establishment in the register of establishments in such a manner as may be prescribed and shall issue in a prescribed form a registration certificate to the employer. The registration certificate shall, on demand by the Inspector, be shown to him by the employer.
The registration certificate shall be renewable by the 31st March after every three years. Thirty days grace time shall, however, be allowed for the renewal of the certificate after payment of prescribed fee.
- Go to the Haryana Labor Department’s official website (https://www.hrylabour.gov.in/).
- You must create a Login ID with a valid email address and a working phone number.
- Please remember your Username and Password; if necessary, write them down.
- After you’ve created your Login ID, you’ll need to fill out the Basic Information section of your profile. This should include all of the details about your shop, such as the location, employees, owner/manager information, and the kind of the business.
- Upload the above-mentioned documents in the format, size, and resolution specified.
- After that, you must pay the required fee.
- OTP is provided to the registered mobile number for verification at the time of final submission. The application is sent after the verification is completed.
On receipt of the statement and the required fee, the authority shall, if satisfied that the statement is correct, register the establishment in the register of establishments in the manner prescribed and provide a registration certificate to the employer in the necessary form. The employer must show the inspector the registration certificate if the Inspector so requests.
Government Charges for License
Varying types of enterprises have different sums that must be paid in order to receive a licence under the Shops and Establishments Act. Please refer to the following chart:
|Type of Establishment/Shop|| Registration Fees|
(For 3 Years Validity)
|Renewal After 3 years|
|Banks, insurance companies, and other NBFCs, starred hotels and cinema theatres, and/or Information Technology (IT) hubs, and Telecommunication establishments operating with 10 or more employees.||INR 5000||INR 5000|
|Petrol pumps, nursing homes, privately managed educational institutions||INR 1000||INR 1000|
|Computer Training and coaching centres, shorthand typing institutions, motor vehicle workshops and service stations (not covered under the Factories Act, 1948), , health & fitness clubs, clinics, medical laboratories, restaurants and unstarred hotels, and/or all establishments operating with 10 or more employees.||INR 500||INR 500|
|All shops and commercial establishments not covered under the above three categories and employing less than 10 employees||INR 300||INR 300|
|All self-employed shops and commercial establishments solely owned, managed and run by the shopkeepers themselves||INR 100||INR 100|
Renewal of License
The information required at the time of renewal is the same information that was requested at the time of registration.
- Click on the Renew License link (https://online.ulbharyana.gov.in/eforms/AppDataEntryBL.aspx?id=330) on the official Haryana Labour Department website (https://www.hrylabour.gov.in/).
- With the needed documents, fill out the appropriate details.
- Pay your fees online by selecting the ‘Pay Now’ option.
- Your application will be completed after the payment is received.
Categories Exempted from License Requirements
- Offices inside or under the control of the federal or state governments
- Any railway, air, or marine transportation service,
- Telephone service, any public sanitation or conservation system, or any industry, corporation, or venture that provides public supply electricity or water
- Any person whose hours of employment are regulated by or under the Factories Act, 1948,
- Railway dining cars;
- Offices of Lawyers; stamp salesmen;
TAXAJ has a team of professionals that can help you with services related to shop registration, renewal tax returns, and many more. Our services are available at affordable rates across all states in India.