FSSAI (Food License) Registration
Food License Registration certificate is required to run a food product business. You have to register under Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) to manufacture, distribute and transport food products. FSSAI is established under the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Government of India. The FSSAI has been established under the Food Safety and Standards Act, 2006. FSSAI Certificate and FSSAI License are same which ensures the quality, purity and other important factors the customers can rely upon.
Food license or FSSAI license is granted to all manufacturers, traders, restaurants carrying out any food business which may involve manufacturing or processing. On applying for FSSAI registration, an unique 14-digit licence number is issued which has to be quoted on all food packages. The licence number is also required even if food products are not packaged. There are three levels of registrations
- Basic Registration
- State Registration
- Central Registration
TAXAJ expert will help you understand the applicability of type of registration for your business and carry out all the formalities with ease.
Starting a restaurant or thinking of selling your home made cookies online? Obtain your FSSAI license with TAXAJ!
It usually takes 3 to 5 working days.
- Drafting documents
- Filing of forms with Authorities
- Issue of ESI allotment letter
- Documented Follow-up
- Business hours -CA support
- Any business entity or Individual working in Food & related sector
- Purchase of plan
- Upload documents on Vault
- Drafting of documents
- Submission of documents and application with Department
- Receipt of Registration letter
Fill up a simple FSSAI Registration form and Consult with our expert and submit documents online through E-mail or Whatsapp.
We will file FSSAI application with the government authorities, resolve queries and get your FSSAI license approved.
Our Team of professionals will also file the Annual return by Food department from time to time.
Apply FSSAI Registration Online Here
WHAT ARE THE ADVANTAGES OF OBTAINING FSSAI FOOD LICENSE?
- The food business can get several legal benefits
- Creates consumer awareness
- You can use FSSAI logo, which can build a goodwill among the customers.
- Set down science-based principles
- Regulate manufacture, storage, distribution, sale and import of food
- To facilitate food safety
- The research and development sector is responsible to maintain the safety.
- New guidelines are introduced which are compatible with international organization
- Set up evidence proof studies for building policies.
- There is a huge chance of business expansion.
WHAT ARE THE TYPES OF FSSAI LICENSE
If the annual turnover of a food business is below Rs. 12 lakh then basic registration of food licensing is required.
Dairy having capacity less that 500 liters per day or daily manufacturing capacity less than 100kg per day needs to get basic FSSAI registration which includes wide range of businesses starting from small pan shops, tea stalls, home based food operators, small warehouses, canteen’s , mid day meal services and food processors. The maximum tenure of this license is 5 years and the minimum is 1 year.
If the annual turnover of the food business is more than Rs. 12 lakhs and less than Rs. 20 crores then one has to get state FSSAI License.
Manufacturing units having capacity upto 2 MT per day, Dairy units handling business upto 50000 liters per day, 3 star hotels and above, repackagers and relabelling units, clubs canteens, all the catering business irrespective of their turnover needs to apply for State licence. The maximum tenure of this license is 5 years and the minimum is 1 year.
If the annual turnover of the food business is more than Rs. 20 Crores then central FSSAI License is required.
The importer and exporters mandatorily needs central licence, in case you are in a business having multiple outlets across the country then you need to go for central licence for your registered address and also need to get basic state or central licences depending on the turnover of each outlet. The maximum tenure of this license is 5 years and the minimum is 1 year.
Documents required for Food License
- Form B duly completed and signed
- Plan of the processing unit showing the dimensions and operation-wise area allocation
- List of Directors/ Partners/ Proprietor with address, contact details, and photo ID
- Name and list of equipment and machinery used with the number and installed capacity
- List of food category to be manufactured
- Authority letter from manufacturer nominated a responsible person name and address
- Analysis report of water to be used in the process to confirm the portability
- Source of raw material for milk, meat etc
- Recall plan wherever applicable
- Ministry of Commerce Certificate for 100% EOU
- NOC/PA document issued by FSSAI
- IE code document issued by DGFT
- Form IX
- Certificate from Ministry of Tourism
- Proof of possession of premises
- Partnership deed/ affidavit of proprietorship
- NOC and copy of License from the manufacturer
- Food safety management system plan or certificate
- NOC from the municipality or local body
- Supporting document for proof of turnover and transportation
- Declaration form