Change in Company/LLP Name
A limited company’s name can be changed due to any reason with the consent of all the shareholders. Regardless of reason and time, the name can be changed but it shall happen under the mutual approval of shareholders. The reason can be anything like change in the vision & the mission of the company, change in management, conversion from private limited to public limited and so on. We shall discuss here the provision of the Companies Act,2013 which deals with the change in the name of the limited company.
Changes to the name of a company would require an alteration to the MOA by passing a special resolution. In case changes to the name of a private limited or public limited company is effected, consent or authorisation of Central Government is not required. In any other case, the consent of Central Government would be required. Further, in the event of a company being registered with a name that bears a resemblance to a name of an existing company, the Central Government might ask it to alter its name. In such a case ordinary resolution is adequate.
End-to-end expert assistance to change the name of your company will be provided. Your only worry should confine to what's the name going to be!
It Usually takes 10 to 15 working days (depends on MCA approval)
- Secretarial services relating to company name change
- Name Change filing in MGT -14 and INC -24
- Any company wishing to change their name.
- Companies who need end-to-end assistance in drafting board resolutions, special resolutions and filng prescribed forms for name change
- Purchase of Plan
- Provide proposed company names
- Get secretarial assistance in name change matters and gather required documents to be given to TAXAJ
- TAXAJ files MGT-14 and INC-24 on your behalf
Name, Contact Number and Email Id of Authorised Director.
Directors Identification Number, if already.
Self Attested PAN, Aadhar & Passport size photo of Authorised Director
Specimen Signatures of Authorised Director
Few unique proposed names for the company.
DSC of the Authorised Director.
- What are the dont's while selecting Company Name?
A business name shouldn’t be similar to another existing name. Few things that do not make a name unique in comparison to an existing name: Making a plural version Changing the letter case, hiding or adding a space between two words or adding punctuation marks Changing word to number or number to word Intentionally mis-spelling the words Translating Hindi words to English or vice versa Offensive or abusive words
- What is the validity period of the Company Name that is approved?
An approved name is valid for a period of (i) 20 days from the date of approval (in case name is being reserved for a new company) or (ii) 60 days from the date of approval (in case of change of name of an existing company)